Frequently Asked Questions
Here we hope to answer some of the most frequently asked questions (FAQs) when using our products and/or website.
Some of the FAQ topics refer to legal blurb, whereas others are more informative.
We are Bysands Limited trading as Elmbrook Designs, hereto after known as Elmbrook Designs.
Elmbrook Designs and the website www.elmbrookdesigns.com market digital files designed by Bysands Limited (registered in Ireland).
The term “design” refers the digital file content and all imagery supplied.
The term “digital media” refers to all file formats contained in the digital files supplied.
The term “shop” refers to digital marketplaces hosted on either our own site www.elmbrookdesigns.com or any third party marketplaces which Elmbrook Designs have entered into agreement with.
The term “end product(s)” refers to physical product(s) such as greetings cards, framed artwork, wall hanging, decals, t-shirts, mugs, etc. which are produced and created by the buyer.
The intellectual property of the designs of the purchased digital files belongs to Bysands Limited trading as Elmbrook Designs.
You, the user, are responsible for deciding whether or not any part of the design have a registered trademark or any other legal restrictions for the intended use by you.
You agree to use any of the purchased digital media files in compliance with all local, state and federal laws. Elmbrook Designs will not be liable for any copyright infringement or penalties that may result from any misuse or illegal usage of any digital media files that you have purchased from us.
We also reserve the right to withdrawal any licensing privileges or agreements at any given time, for any reason at all.
Purchasing digital media from the shop does not in any way transfer rights or ownership to the buyer.
Furthermore, by purchasing any digital media from the shop, the buyer agrees to any and all terms found on the shop page along with all terms and conditions stated on this site.
- use the design to manufacture a physical end product whereby:
- manufacture of an UNLIMITED number of end products is permitted for personal use.
- manufacture of a LIMITED number of end products is permitted for commercial use. LIMITED use is restricted to 50 copies per design purchased.
- change the design colours.
- rescale the design to the dimensions of the end product provided it does not diminish the integrity of the original purchased design.
- only sell a physical end product made in accordance with the design and above restrictions.
- use 3rd party production partners however, this permission is granted ONLY for production purposes and NOT licensing purposes.
- resell any of the purchased digital media files that you receive.
- modify/alter the design or convert the digital media for the purpose of reselling it in any file format. You CAN however, convert the digital media for your own personal use or sell end products that you’ve made (the LIMITED use rule as stated above applies).
- post or share the original imagery/artwork contained in the purchased digital media by uploading it to other websites, social networks, etc. UNLESS it’s a production partner as stated above. You CAN however, share imagery of any end product manufactured by you.
- distribute the purchased digital media files in a way that would result in someone else using them, even for personal use, unless they are an employee/colleague for whom you have purchased the digital media on their behalf.
- create stencils as an end product for commercial use or anything similar to this effect. You CAN however, create a stencil which is used to create an end product by you or an employee/colleague for whom you have purchased the digital media on their behalf.
- add the purchased digital media files to any POD (Print on demand) marketplaces such as, but not limited to, Merch by Amazon, Redbubble, Teepublic, Zazzle, Cafepress, etc., as this would mean that you are claiming copyright/ownership of the design(s).
Unfortunately at this time, fulfilment of orders may only be completed by EU residents.
We are working on alternative solution for you to purchase our imagery and will provide links on this site once available. In the meantime, you may wish to consider subscribing to our newsletter so you can informed when this has been launched.
Alternatively if you have any specific requirements you may wish to reach out to us by completing our contact form.
Please ensure that you are aware you are buying a digital product and no physical product will be shipped to you.
We don’t accept returns, exchanges or cancellations. But please contact us if you have any problems with your order.
It is important to read the product description to make sure that your order contains the files that you require for your project, as there are no refunds. Depending on which design files you intend to purchase, you may or may not receive specific file types/extensions. Furthermore, sometimes the files that you purchase may not work the way you intended them to or give you the end result that you’re looking for. Therefore, it is important to be sure that the files that you purchase will suit your project needs, as not everyone uses the same method for printing or cutting. Please check the requirements of your printer(s) and/or cutting machine(s) and their associated software.
You can log back into your account by clicking the My Account on the menu above or clicking here.
From the My Account Dashboard, select Downloads from the menu.
Next click on the applicable button in the Download column (computer) or row (mobile), and repeat for each file you need to reacquire.
Alternatively if you are view any page on the website, such as this one, and already logged in, you can click on the drop down next to your user name (1) from the above menu, and then select Downloads (2).
If you are uncertain which file you are missing, product details may be reviewed by clicking on the hyperlink in the Product column, which will bring you back to the product in the shop to see the full description – DO NOT add to cart, instead return to My Account and click on the download button.
While we aim to ensure that all files should download in perfect condition, there may be instances were a glitch may occur during the download process and your purchased files may have issues when attempting to open.
We will endeavour to replace corrupt file(s) in a swift manner so as not to inconvenience you too much, so if you believe any file(s) you have downloaded are corrupt, please send us the details.
If you are considering purchasing any design(s), you will obtain the design files via a digital download, so NO physical product will be shipped to you.
if you have any requirements for customisation, on review of your request, we reserve the right to consider agreeing to execute the customisation.
Any customisation would be subject to an additional fee and based on the complexity of the customisation.